Tuesday 9 April 2013

Evaluation Task 2;

How does your media product represent 
particular social groups? 

My magazine represents the particular social group, pop. I’ve made and designed my magazine to fit in with the genre of pop, by using band names like “One Direction” and “Little Mix” on the front cover, and also by dressing my artist like a pop star, not a rock artist, and having the colour scheme pretty and pink. My magazine is very similar to Billboard and Seventeen, which are both US magazines, as both of these magazines are the same type of music my magazine is based on. I’ve used the colours, pink, baby blue and black for the writing, because the colour pink is very girly which is the type of social group my magazine is based at. My artist of the front is a young girl, dressed in pretty dress, which is very stereotypical because young pop artist are usually known to were that type of thing. She’s wearing her hair down (I used a model with long hair because the artist who Inspired me Carly Rae Jepson had long hair) with natural make up, but red lipstick. This fits well with the genre of my magazine.  I think I’ve represented my artist positively on the front cover, as she looks like the perfect role model for young girls who would be interested in her music.
There are a couple of similarities and differences between the two magazines;
Similarities; they’re both wearing bright red lipstick, which stands out and is a bright colour. Although their clothing is different they’re both dressed like pop artists. They both have long hair, which is below their shoulders. Both use bright colours, which stand out and are bright. Both F models. The title is at the top of the page.
Differences; Carly Rae Jepson is angled differently and has a shot from her hips up, whereas Yazmine is angled straight on from the chest up. IBSN is on the right for mine and is on the left for billboards.




My contents page represents the ‘girly’ social group, by what’s on it, and the colour of it. The layout is very simple and easy to read, there isn’t too much going on and it looks all neat and in place. The photos in the middle are of James Arthur and Little Mix who are both artists, which are featured in the charts. This gives the reader a good idea of what type of music is inside the magazine and who it is based on. I’ve used the same pink for my contents page as I thought it worked well on my front cover as its very girly colour, which the readers would like as it would be mainly girls. The writing is very simple and easy to read. My contents page is full of artists who are very mainstream and who are all pop artists or bands, as all these bands and artists are all very popular within the social group.

My double page spread represents young female social group, mainly because of the title “Little Miss Perfect” and the photo, which I have used. As well my artist is made to look innocent, sweet and very girly, which is something young girls associate with. The outfit which she is wearing, really suits my artists and as she is representing this young, sweet look, at lot of young girls are going to be interested in reading her interview and wanting to buy the magazine. The artist fits well into the range of the target audience, she represents the social group well. I’ve written the interview how those in that 
particular social group would speak and act and said the type 
of stuff young girls would want to hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment